Apple Pencil expands the power of iPad in productive new ways. You can handwrite notes, draw an illustration, sign a lease, mark up a PDF, or retouch an image with precision and responsiveness. It’s sensitive to pressure and tilt, so you can easily change the line weight, create subtle shading, and produce a wide range of artistic effects.
- Apple Pencil expands the versatility of Multi-Touch on iPad and provides greater precision for tasks such as writing, drawing, taking notes, or adding markups
- Built-in pressure and tilt sensors mean iPad can detect subtle changes in the pressure and angle of Apple Pencil
- iPad is designed with palm-rejection technology, so you can rest your hand on the screen while using Apple Pencil
- iPad knows whether you’re using your finger or Apple Pencil, so you can use both at the same time on the screen
- Many apps support Apple Pencil, including free apps from Apple like Notes, Mail, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote—so you can draw colorful illustrations, add some flair to your slides, and create hand-drawn charts
- Apple Pencil (1st generation) delivers 12 hours of battery life, and when you need to charge it quickly, just remove the cap and plug the Lightning connector into iPad, or charge it via an Apple USB power adapter*